Autumn has arrived with the occasional light frost and with plenty of autumn colour starting to show.
It is the time of year to create extra colour in your garden. Leaf colour, berries and plants like leycestria or pheasant berry with flowers turning to purple black berries are looking fantastic this year.
With winter just around the corner – it is time to start planning for your garden next year.
If you have storage space – now is not a bad time to purchase bits and pieces for your garden that usually sell out in summer months. You might even snatch a bargain?
Handy Gardening Tips:
- Tidy hedges and prune trees
- Protect tender plants with fleece
- Insulate pots left out for winter and bring other pots into storage
- Use pot feet to raise containers to prevent water logging
- Continue to tidy garden ready for winter
- Feed birds and other wildlife. Put up bird boxes and feeding stations
- Store away perishables in garden storage units
- I having garden fires, bonfires or waste fires – check for hedgehogs before lighting
- Lag outdoor taps and water pipes and move hosepipes under cover for the winter
Handy tips for the Lawn
- If it’s not frosty or wet, mow once with the blades set high
- It’s also time to clean and oil all tools, ready for the winter
- Clean the lawn of leaves
- If using garden fireworks this month – take care not to burn parts of your lawn and ensure that both you, spectators AND your lawn are safe
- Continue not to walk on your lawn in a frost
|Plants at their best ...||We recommend Sowing ...||It's a great time to Harvest...||It's a good time to Harvest...|
Brussels sprouts & Kale